Need More Info? Ask Us
Learn from the expert by looking through our frequently asked questions. Discover all the best tips and tricks below.
Before treatment, an anaesthetic ointment can be used. In the case of lip augmentation, a so-called dental block is also common. Anaesthesia is not absolutely necessary and the treatment usually takes more 15 to 30 minutes to complete.
The effect of wrinkle filling and lip volume augmentation shows immediately. In the case of mesotherapy, the final effect shows on completion of the treatment series.
Depending on age, skin quality, lifestyle, personal habits and injection site and depth the effect will last for 6 to 12 months, in some cases even longer.
Since hyaluronic acid is a natural component of the skin, it is degraded over time. Repeated treatment is possible without any restrictions. Regular applications even delay the skin aging process.
Adverse effects are predominantly injection related and present as redness or swelling (and may persist for several days), or in rare cases hematoma, which can be easily covered with makeup.
If any of the following conditions apply to you, make sure you inform the practitioner giving you the treatment: autoimmune diseases, known allergies, hypersensitivity reactions to hyaluronic acid, hypertrophic scars, immunotherapeutic treatment, skin diseases like acne or herpes, pregnancy and lactation period, previous and current aesthetic treatments (e.g. filler, laser therapy, chemical peels or physical abrasion). As well as flu or any type of cold. Discontinue anticoagulant medication e.g. Aspirin, gingko preparations or larger quantities of Vitamin C one week before treatment.
least 24 hours after treatment, and try not to smoke. In addition, it is important to avoid strong heat exposure, such as direct sunlight, solarium and sauna for one week after treatment and do not take any anticoagulants during that period.
No. Over time the hyaluronic acid degrades naturally, as your own would. This will give you the freedom to decide if you want to have another treatment in the future. The effect lasts for 6 to 12 months depending on the kind of application.
Tips And Tricks
- Take the time to sit with your patient before the treatment, in order to plan it together. Sit with your patient after the treatment in order to review the effects and to explain what they may experience.
- Make sure your patient has completed a declaration of health (medical history) to avoid any unnecessary risks. If the patient has flue symptoms, do not inject. The risk of an immunological reaction is high under such conditions.
- Tunneling technique is more traumatic and has a higher risk of causing hematoma.
- Taking “before and after“ photos will help the patient better assess the improvement of the wrinkles after the treatment. Take pictures before.
- Follow the lines of the wrinkles and inject the material along them whilst retracting the needle. Use simple, gentle injection techniques and inject slowly using anesthesia, since it may affect the way the wrinkles look.
- Plan your injection schedule and select the suitable product and make sure you select the appropriate product and volume before beginning the treatment.
- Using anesthesia – either by injection or by topical cream is highly recommended to ensure patient comfort during and after the treatment. It is recommended to use anesthesia without adrenaline to shorten the duration and prevent any potential reaction to heart beat.
- Sitting your patient in an upright position with the natural effects of gravity will help you assess their wrinkles correctly. It is specifically recommended to do this when injecting anesthesia, since the area may swell a little.
- Massaging the injected area can give better results as it will improve the spread of the material in the tissue.
- During the touch-up sessions, you can use the same previous injection points to prevent further trauma to the tissue
- After injection, we recommend that you use the special amalian Hyaluronic acid serum, specially developed to smooth the skin.